Welcome to the Water Street Center!
An initiative of Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission (TJPDC), this centrally located training center and conference space is adjacent to the TJPDC offices on Water Street just off Charlottesville's Downtown Mall. The Water Street Center is intended as a space to allow specific training opportunities for member government elected and appointed officials and staff on issues of concern that will enable them to better serve their communities. The Center is ideally suited to host meetings, conferences and workshops of local, regional and statewide significance.
TJPDC welcomes community groups and government agencies to make use of the “Water Street Center”, an ADA‐accessible community meeting room for government and educational activities. TJPDC‐sponsored activities have first priority in scheduling, after which the room is available to groups by advance reservation for daytime and evening use. Rates vary depending on the time of day and duration of the event.
The Water Street Center is available for use starting in October 2010. Documents outlining the meeting room reservation process are available on the left column of this page.
Water Street Center Features:
- Movable seating for up to 58 people
- Microphone Equipment
- Digital projector (Note: room users must provide a laptop computer for all other presentation formats)
- Wall mounted pin‐up boards
- Additional chairs and tables can be made available upon request
- Wireless internet access
- Self‐service kitchen including sink and refrigerator (Note: room users must provide all utensils for food service)
- ADA accessible restroom available during business hours
Centrally Located :
View Water Street Center in a larger map