Piedmont Housing Alliance (PHA)
The Piedmont Housing Alliance is a regional organization dedicated to improving the lives of low and moderate-income families and individuals by creating housing and community development opportunities throughout the Thomas Jefferson Planning District. Services provided include:
- Loan Funds for Housing and Community Development: Low-interest loans for homeownership, home repairs and safety modifications, and affordable single-family and rental housing projects.
- MicroLoan Program: Small business counseling and financing.
- Affordable Housing Programs: Comprehensive Housing Counseling, Steppingstone Program, and Mainstream Housing Vouchers for Persons with Disabilities.
- Fair Housing Education, Outreach, and Advocacy.
- Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization Project Development, including housing for seniors and special needs populations.
Piedmont Housing Alliance is certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency (HCA), and a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO).
Two projects whose financing includes HOME funds:
- Page Street Neighborhood Initiative - An urban project in the City of Charlottesville where the Alliance, with the City and other agencies, is developing 28 properties in the 10th and Page neighborhood for first-time homeownership opportunities. The neighborhood is blighted and in need of revitalization, as the housing stock is older, and much of it is dilapidated. The 28 properties include 20 single-family detached homes and 8 town homes. Project value = $3,800,000.
- Regional Community Living Partnership - The Alliance partnered with the Arc of the Piedmont and member agencies to coordinate the financial packaging for the development of six community living homes (small group homes for four to six persons who are disabled) throughout the region. The residents of these homes are very low-income persons with mental retardation. Total project value = $2,800,000.
|111 Monticello Avenue, Suite 104|
|Charlottesville, VA 22902|
|Phone: (434) 817-2436|
|Fax: (434) 817-0664|